Position Title: Director, Client Services
Objectives / General Accountability
- Manage all day-to-day interactions with a portfolio of clients, including their counsel and advisors
- Manage client requests and inquiries promptly, including preparation of reports, batch receipting treasury orders and maintaining capital control, batch receipting transfer requests (client initiated only), coordinating delivery of securities issued for a client, set up of dividend payouts, set up of conversions to another securities class (other than those handled by corporate actions), SEDAR filings, whether filed in house or arranged with a 3rd party, and audit confirmations.
- Assist clients in scheduling and preparing for shareholder meetings including start-up, emailing search requests, completing SEDAR filings, CDS notice, arranging mailings, proxy tabulation, attending and preparing scrutineer’s reports
- Knowledgeable about the details of each client account managed including any special classes, their outstanding corporate actions, outstanding corporate trust issues (though managed by those departments), special requirements for transfers (private issuers), US legend removal requirements, general stock transfer requirements, lost certificate and estate transfer requirements.
- Billing for all services.
- Manage certain higher level (e.g. escalated) interactions with our clients’ shareholders with a focus on efficient service.
- Maintain a strong focus on retention and growth by delivering exceptional service.
- Assist with preparation of fee proposals and onboarding packages.
- Onboard clients, with a focus on making the transition process seamless for our clients. This includes set-pup and maintaining client records, providing online access to records, ensuring shareholder records are loaded and audited in a timely manner, setting up share price and automated share price updates, sending a welcome package and ensuring all aspects of setup have been completed properly per checklist.
- Participate on weekly department meetings and critically assess the current processes with a focus on finding efficient and innovative solutions
- Reports to Managing Director Client Service & Compliance
- Supports peers in Client Services
Other Dimensions of the position
- Travel may be required for shareholder meetings and management retreats
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes (KSA’s)
- Experience — Industry experience is required
- Education – post secondary education is preferred, but not required if proven track record and industry knowledge
- Special skills — Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint). Preference given to those with High Level knowledge of Excel.
- Certifications and licenses — Canadian Securities Course preferred, but not a requirement if proven track record and industry knowledge