HR & Payroll Associate
We’re looking for an HR & Payroll Associate to join our growing company, Odyssey Trust! Our ideal candidate has outstanding analytical and communication skills and is expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills. You will have excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the payroll, benefits, onboarding/offboarding, and recruiting functions.
The successful candidate should exhibit strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and training. You will be comfortable managing grey areas, effective at scheduling and methodical in the recruitment process.
- Assist with all internal and external HR related matters.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Lead the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Manage complaints brought forward by employees.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
- Onboard new team members, including orientation and management of training.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Respond to Team Member inquiries regarding payroll, scheduling, time & attendance and onboarding, and initiate actions to address any issues and escalate issues as necessary
- Responsible for all new hire, change, and termination data in ADP.
- Administer all benefit changes, including new hires, terminations, through Maximum Benefits
- Collaborate with the various departments on people related projects and assignments.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Bachelors degree or diploma in Human Resources or related field of study
- Knowledge of HR & Payroll best practices, payroll legislative policies, and Employment Standards Act.
- Minimum 1-2 years of HR & Payroll experience required.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Excellent record-keeping skills.
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software (Bamboo).
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.